Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Reason #497



I think of myself as independent. Maybe too independent sometimes. But I have had an epiphany this week. This picture is reason #497 why I need Rance. It's not that I expect him to take care of all the irrigation repairs. It's just that I miss working on it together with him. It seems as if there is always something to repair on the sprinkler system - and this is a job we did together. I am having to do it alone right now and I don't really like that. It's been a repair week - the irrigation pump needed to be repaired, the wire to the pump needed to be replaced, the irrigation pump needed to be re-hooked up - twice - because the first time it was hooked up wrong, 2 sprinkler heads needed to be replaced, the front door knob finally gave up the ghost and needed to be replaced, the phones stopped working for 2 days & needed a new wire, my cell phone stopped working, needed to be replaced and the new phone's back wouldn't stay on, needing to be replaced, a bike tire went flat on our 15 mile bike ride - 5 miles from home, had to be replaced, I had to have an unexpected root canal because the crown they put on my tooth didn't do the job, and now, there is a break in the water pipe that was made when the fence was re-positioned. That I am not handling this well is putting it mildly. I need you, Rance!

4 comments:

  1. It would be so fun to be there working on all of this together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry mom. That is one rough week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh I'm so sorry mom!! I wish he could be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have all of the sympathy I have to give... it sounds like how things were for me while Rex was in Florida... everything that could go wrong did... Lets just say that I'm not a very good, electrician, plumber, lumberjack, mechanic, or pig farmer... I was wondering the whole time..
    "how DOES Denise do this" ???????

    ReplyDelete