Sunday, March 28, 2010

CAVING

Missouri is known for its caves - and we were able to experience the first of many ( I hope)!



Kiely and I spent 3 hours in the Onondaga Cave last Saturday- taking pictures. It was such a cool experience! The typical tour is about 1 1/2 hours - but the photo tour was longer - and minus the commentary on the cave. The guide just let us go at our own pace and take pictures of anything we wanted.



First - I am not a good photographer - but I am learning - and trying to improve.
Second - I would not recommend using an unfamiliar tripod for the first time in the dark of a cave...
...but other than that - I would highly recommend this experience! We had such a fun time trying new things, seeing in a new way and learning from others.

The Onondaga Cave is beautiful! It has so many amazing and varied features! It's like walking through Canyonlands or Arches National Park...in the dark. We were awed by our surroundings the entire time. While I sincerely enjoyed the visual experience, I loved spending time with Kiely, experiencing first hand her talent and passion for photography.

Side note: These caves are only minutes from where we live - and I issue a standing invitation - COME AND SEE! (us and the caves!)

1 comment:

  1. looks amazing. wish we lived closer so we could go exploring together.

    ReplyDelete