Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CHRISTMAS TOGETHER

VISITING CARTHAGE
What a sacred place and a sacred experience.

CHRISTMAS IN NAUVOO
There was such a beautiful spirit there - We spent 3 days in Nauvoo. We enjoyed learning about the families that had lived there, were humbled by their sacrifices and were touched by the
Spirit that resides there still. We attended a bell concert and a play, had a 2 hour carriage ride- bundled up in blankets, learned to make rope and candles, ate gingerbread cookies, toured homes, attended a schoolclass, received a brick, a horseshoe and a nail ring, and heard the gospel preached and testimonies borne. We loved being there in the winter - there were only a handful of other visitors - so we had the place to ourselves! I would HIGHLY recommend this time to visit!

MIKA - THE NEWEST EDITION TO THE FAMILY!
We just weren't the same without a great pyrenees puppy.

Our family was together at long last - It was a wonderful & relaxing time . I am sure that no one in the picture will be thrilled to see this "early Christmas morning - no make-up" picture ...but this is my heaven right here...my family snuggled together. (Rance and I were snuggling off camera!)


GANNON - The sweetest!

1 comment:

  1. We had SOO much fun! Thanks for the great time. We are still sad that we had to leave. Jon keeps telling me that his "heart is sad" and he misses "Jorin and Jantzen playing with Gannon, everyones company, playing games, watching movies, eating, eating, the kitties and the puppy, and shooting/being shot with the airsoft gun". Long quote, I know, but he really said it. He really loves you guys. I miss you and love you too, I just didn't have a great quote to write. ;)

    ReplyDelete