Monday, September 14, 2009

HOMESCHOOL STARTS WITH A....GASP?!

We have started - and stopped - and started homeschool this past two weeks. September 1st brought excitement and enthusiasm for the new school year (especially since all their friends had been in school since Aug. 17!) - Sept. 2nd brought a severe cold to Jorin, Jantzen and me. By Sept. 6, I had pneumonia and the kids were coughing like crazy - and school petered to a measly couple of subjects per day. Today, Sept. 14th - we attempted a new beginning - I directed each subject from the couch - but Jantzen started fading - and had to take a nap...I hope she doesn't have pneumonia too! We really are excited and anxious to learn this year. We are starting with Ancient History subjects - and going from there...we did manage to make a canopic jar in art - for our diseased organs, I guess, should we need them...

4 comments:

  1. I feel so bad for you guys. I hope you get better soon. How are you going to come visit if you are sick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I hope you're feeling better soon.

    Nice to chat today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise! It's Molly. I would be interested in a sampling of a day in the life of homeschooling. What is the routine like. How do you prepare the daily lessons. I think I would be wigged out. Get well soon. We take our own B-12 shots and For*Essence. Good stuff. You can get your own prescription for B-12 shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Denise I just read your whole blog, and had a great time catching up on your lives. You inspire me to be a better mom & teach my kids more. That is so cool you took that cabin class. That sounds overwhelming to me. Hope all is well and miracles turn up in your behalf. All the best, tiesha

    ReplyDelete